ASICS Men's GEL-Cumulus 21
A mainstay in the running industry, the GEL-Cumulus 21 is the newest version of ASICS' reliable standard-weight neutral trainer. After a considerable update for the Cumulus 20, the 21 maintains the same midsole and outsole and just gets an upper refresh and sock liner change.
GEL-Cumulus 21 vs GEL-Cumulus 20:
ASICS has made some slight changes to the upper and and has switched up the material of the sock liner, but the 21's overall experience is very similar to the 20's.
- There are no significant changes to the midsole or outsole, so the general character of the shoe remains the same
- The toebox might be a little deeper, but the overall fit is unchanged
- The GEL-Cumulus 21 gets ASICS' new sock liner, making it feel a little less plush upon step-in but giving you a little more progressive cushioning when running
- The sock liner makes the shoe feel a little lower overall, but also may feel a little softer
- Unfortunately, the 21 has gained a little weight - but not so much that you would notice it on-foot
Read the whole Phidippides review here
We Also Recommend
Why buy from Jeff Galloway's Phidippides?
We're the world's oldest specialty running store! Founded in 1975, Phidippides has some of the most knowledgeable staff in the industry.
Have questions? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need a wide, narrow, or different size in this shoe? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need training for your next race? Get 20% off by bundling any shoe with coaching from olympian Jeff Galloway!