ASICS Women's GEL-Kayano 25
The new ASICS GEL-Kayano 25! With some significant midsole, outsole, and upper changes, the Kayano 25 is all-new and has a slightly updated ride to go with a little more generous fit.
ASICS has significantly re-designed the Kayano for the 25th version, updating the midsole, outsole, and upper - and has firmed up the ride a little bit as compared to the pervious Kayanos. Here are the main changes:
ASICS Kayano 25 vs 24
- ASICS has changed the midsole to use a couple new variations of their FlyteFoam technology - creating a little lower, firmer ride
- The outsole looks to be a little more chunky, adding some traction (although it's unlikely anyone found the Kayano 24 lacking in traction)
- The upper has been redesigned to be a more flexible, forgiving mesh and the overall fit of the shoe is a little roomier
- Stability remains unchanged, with the Kayano providing a nice stable platform and upper that works well for runners who need some amount of guidance
- The new versions of FlyteFoam that ASICS has used in the Kayano 25 has caused the weight to increase a bit, but because that same foam creates a more performance-feeling ride, you're probably not going to feel a difference on-foot
We Also Recommend
Why buy from Jeff Galloway's Phidippides?
We're the world's oldest specialty running store! Founded in 1975, Phidippides has some of the most knowledgeable staff in the industry.
Have questions? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need a wide, narrow, or different size in this shoe? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need training for your next race? Get 20% off by bundling any shoe with coaching from olympian Jeff Galloway!