Brooks Women's Glycerin 16
A complete redesign for the Brooks Glycerin in its 16th version. The upper and midsole have seen big changes, giving the new Glycerin a revamped ride. Let's see how the new one fits, feels, and functions!
The new Glycerin continues to be Brooks' maximum-cushion neutral trainer. The 16 follows in the long line of soft, pillowly Glycerins and gets back to a ride that should more consistently feel like you're running on pillows since the 15 firmed up a little bit.
Brooks Glycerin 15 vs 16:
- The biggest difference is the new DNA Loft midsole material that gets its debut in the Glycerin 16 - which feels soft and light
- The upper had also been redesigned to have a bootie liner and flexible engineered mesh
- Brooks has really softened the ride from the 15 while providing a better transition
- Despite weighing a little more than the 15, the new Glycerin 16 feels much lighter on the foot thanks to the improved transition and slightly more responsive foam
- The ride is lower on the 16 and much more flexible
- Fit has changed a little bit, with the new bootie and mesh upper tightening up the mid-foot and toebox slightly
- That mesh upper is flexible enough that most runners shouldn't have any issues with toebox room (even if the 15 was notable for its roomy toebox)
- Overall, a great update from Brooks that has very few downsides and a lot of improvements
- We have experienced inconsistencies in foam softness between sizes and midsole colors, so caution should be used when buying without trying these on (particularly with men's grey midsoles)
Read the full Phidippides Review Here
Women's BROOKS® GLYCERIN® 16 :: Plush is the name of the game in the super-soft, ultra-comfortable updated Women's Brooks Glycerin 16 running shoes. Score brand-new DNA Loft cushioning you've got to feel to believe! Bonus: the Glycerin 16 is lighter and softer than ever and fits like a glove thanks to the new 3D Stretch Print and an internal stretch bootie that surrounds your foot, moving and expanding with your best-ever strides.
Features & Benefits:
- Double Jacquard Mesh upper: Offers strategic breathability, flexibility, and structure
- Plush bootie interior: Delivers luxurious comfort and a sock-like fit that moves and expands with your foot
- DNA LOFT midsole cushioning: Adapts to every step and stride with the ultimate cushioning underfoot
- Plush DNA LOFT Transition Zone: Creates soft, smooth heel-to-toe transitions
- IDEAL Pressure Zones: Evenly disperse impact away from the body for an effortless ride
- Drop: 10 mm
- WEIGHT: 9.4 ounces
We Also Recommend
Why buy from Jeff Galloway's Phidippides?
We're the world's oldest specialty running store! Founded in 1975, Phidippides has some of the most knowledgeable staff in the industry.
Have questions? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need a wide, narrow, or different size in this shoe? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need training for your next race? Get 20% off by bundling any shoe with coaching from olympian Jeff Galloway!