Mizuno Men's Wave Inspire 14
Mizuno has developed an all-new Wave Inspire 14 for 2018. Has the redesign paid off? Lets find out!
Mizuno Wave Inspire 14 vs Wave Inspire 13
The Wave Inspire 14 certainly doesn't look or feel like an entirely new design. What Mizuno has done, however, is improve on the 13 in a number of ways.
- The Inspire 14 weighs less than the 13 - enough of a weight savings (combined with a smooth transition) that the shoe actually feels lighter
- Early testing indicates that Mizuno has kept the Inspire 14 just as stable as previous versions
- The Wave Inspire 14 is softer than the Inspire 13, both in terms of slip-on feel and underfoot cushion
- Mizuno has made the upper more flexible (although possibly slightly narrower) through the toebox, with an overall narrower fit in the midfoot and heel
- Overall, a solid update for Mizuno's mild-stability soft-feel shoe
From first to last step, runners seeking guidance will find a smooth and supportive ride in the latest version of this category leader. Our new cloudwave technology combined with our traditional Wave “Fan Shaped” support design delivers the cushioned, responsive, and stable ride.
- DynaMotion Fit: Creates an upper that moves with your foot seamlessly.
- INTERCOOL: Cool and dry. Offers great breathability. Ventilation system reduces heat and humidity build-up inside the shoe during performance.
- Mizuno Wave: Wave sets the standard for running shoe technologies.
- SmoothRide: Creates a smooth transition from heel to toe on every step.
- U4ic Midsole: Optimal shock attenuation, durability and a superior ride.
- X10 Outsole: Durable carbon rubber that allows for longer wear.
- U4icX Midsole: A lighter, more cushioned iteration of U4ic, delivering a softer underfoot feeling for a smooth transition.
- U4icX Strobel Lasting Board: Ensures a comfortable underfoot feel.
- Fan Wave Plate
We Also Recommend
Why buy from Jeff Galloway's Phidippides?
We're the world's oldest specialty running store! Founded in 1975, Phidippides has some of the most knowledgeable staff in the industry.
Have questions? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need a wide, narrow, or different size in this shoe? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need training for your next race? Get 20% off by bundling any shoe with coaching from olympian Jeff Galloway!