Brooks Women’s Launch 5
The Brooks Launch 5!
- Brooks claims that they only changed the upper, but there has been one key change to the under-foot experience. The "strobel" is a thin piece of foam that sits between the sock liner and midsole of the shoe. The strobel has been replaced with a mesh in the Launch 5.
- The midsole has not been changed, but the result of the addition of the "booty" upper and removal of the strobel makes the shoe lower/"more responsive" (and less cushioned).
- The upper has been redesigned to be slightly lighter with fewer overlays.
- The redesigned upper, along with the foot sitting lower in the shoe due to the strobel removal, provides slightly more room in the toebox and creates a slightly wider shoe overall.
- While pre-production and review models may have felt as cushioned as Launch 4s (or reviewers have been downplaying/ignoring the change), the production version of the 5 is significantly less soft.
Springy and fast with zero distractions, designed to energize your run with the response and agility of a race-ready daily trainer.
BioMoGo DNA midsole cushioning and rebounding rubber create a springy feel underfoot.
The Midfoot Transition Zone is shaped to go from heel to toe quickly.
The Air Mesh upper is so light and breezy, it feels like it’s not even there.
We Also Recommend
Why buy from Jeff Galloway's Phidippides?
We're the world's oldest specialty running store! Founded in 1975, Phidippides has some of the most knowledgeable staff in the industry.
Have questions? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need a wide, narrow, or different size in this shoe? Call us at 404-875-4268 or email us!
Need training for your next race? Get 20% off by bundling any shoe with coaching from olympian Jeff Galloway!